What is the purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy?
This personal data protection policy (“Personal Data Protection Policy“) aims to make people aware of how we collect, process and protect the personal data you provide or collect through BBVA Group’s global career site (the “Website“).
The Website is owned by “Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.” (“BBVA”). For more information about BBVA and the Website, see the Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions.
In this document we inform you about the processing of the information that BBVA obtains through the Website but it is not applicable to the information that can be obtained by third parties on other websites, even if they are linked by the Website.
We remind you of the importance of reading this Personal Data Protection Policy every time you use the Website, as it may be modified.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
BBVA, with registered office at Plaza de San Nicolás 4, 48005, Bilbao, España. E-mail address: email@example.com, or, where applicable, the BBVA Group entity that publishes the job offer in which you decide to apply to or which is indicated in each case on each specific portal, whose data protection policy will be made available to yo, in which case the reference to BBVA must be understood to include the BBVA Group entity that is the owner of the job offer in question.
Contacting the BBVA Personal Data Protection Officer
You can contact the BBVA Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we use your personal data for?
BBVA needs to process your personal data:
- To manage your profile in the private area of the Website
- To manage your application job offer at BBVA
- For the purposes and with the authorization indicated in each of the forms used by the Website to collect personal data.
If you are a BBVA employee, the above paragraph is without prejudice to the personal data protection policy that the BBVA Group entity with which you have an employment contract has provided you with as part of your employment relationship with it.
How long will we keep your data?
Your personal data provided in the User Profile will be kept as long as you keep the profile and do not cancel it or unsubscribe it through the mailbox email@example.com.
BBVA will keep your personal data provided in the context of application to a job offer during the selection process currently underway, as well as for those cases in which they may be carried out in the future for a maximum period of 12 months. After this period, your personal data will be destroyed.
To whom will we communicate your data?
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties unless we are required to do so by law or you provide your consent.
When your consent is required to communicate your personal data to third parties, we will inform you in the data collection forms of the purpose of the processing, the data to be communicated as well as the identity or areas of activity of the possible assignees of your personal data.
Does BBVA use links to other websites?
The Website may contain links to other websites. Please note that BBVA is not responsible for the privacy and processing of personal data from other websites. This Personal Data Protection Policy document applies exclusively to the information collected on the Website by BBVA. We recommend that you read the personal data processing policies of other websites to which you link from our Website or otherwise visit. You can also obtain information on our links policy in our Legal Notice here.
What are your rights when you provide us with your details?
- Right of access: You will be able to consult your personal data included in BBVA files
- Right of rectification: You can amend your personal data if it is inaccurate.
- Right of erasure: You can request for your personal data not to be processed.
- Right of opposition: You may request that your personal data not be processed.
- Right of limitation of processing: You can request a limitation on the processing of your data in the following cases:
- While the dispute over the accuracy of your data is being checked.
- When the processing is illegal, but you object to your data being erased.
- When BBVA does not need to process your data but you need it to exercise or defend claims.
- When you have objected to your data being processed to undertake a task in the public interest or to satisfy a legitimate interest, while checking whether legitimate reasons for processing prevail over your own.
- Right of portability: You will be able to receive, in electronic format, the personal data you have provided to us, as well as to transmit them to another entity.
You can exercise these rights at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have not processed your personal data in accordance with the regulations, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com
Nevertheless, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency(www.agpd.es)
To exercise your rights, attach a copy of your ID card or equivalent document accrediting your identity to your application.
These rights can be exercised at no cost.