At BBVA, we are leading the transformation of global banking with the aim of bringing the opportunities of this new era within everyone’s reach. We are a global financial institution present in 30 countries with over 75 million customers. We are a bank with over 126,000 employees across the world and every one of those employees is leading and designing his/her professional career with the help of tools provided by the organisation to make that happen.
Corporate responsibility is an intrinsic part of our business model, promoting inclusion and financial education while supporting research and culture. Being part of BBVA means developing your career in one of the most innovative companies in finance.
We started out with the spirit of helping others make the best financial decisions. That spirit remains with us today and encourages us to keep moving forward, prioritising innovation and digital transformation so that we can bring the opportunities of this new era within everyone’s reach.
Our values define our identity; they are what drives us to make our goals a reality and they guide all of our actions and the decisions we make.
- - The customer comes first.
- - We think big.
- - We are one team.
The Loan Documentation and Funding group is a critical partner in our Commercial & Wealth Banking strategy. This team helps ensure an efficient, accurate and timely experience for our clients. This position is responsible for assisting with the post-approval closing, funding, and servicing of loans within the Commercial and Wealth Banking line of business.This position is responsible for post-closing funding and servicing of loans in the Bank''s Commercial loan portfolio. Responsible for all servicing, including rate option pricing, grid pricing, and complex servicing to include participations/syndications bought and sold.
- - Reviewing the loan approval and loan documents.
- Funding the loan according to the bank approval and the signed loan documents.
- Reviewing loan advance requests for accuracy and completion.
- Reviewing any due diligence items associated with servicing requests as they come in for accuracy and sufficiency, according to Bank policy.
- Accurately funding advance requests utilizing AFS, CLCS, Loan Administration, and/or Loan IQ.
- Review and balance the loan on AFS Level III or Loan IQ.
- Working with business partners in the Loan HUB to ensure accurate servicing of the loan to include: rate changes, payment schedules, SWAP information, etc.
- Managing welcome calls with the borrower, contractors, lender, and attorney.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Legal Studies or an equivalent of 2-4 years of professional experience in banking, finance, and/or commercial lending. Minimum 2 years in Commercial loan documentation and servicing. Minimum 2 years within a financial institution and/or law firm with experience working with large Commercial, specifically documentation and funding. Desirable:
- - Paralegal experience is a plus.
- A combination of experience in two or more of these areas is highly desired – legal, loan closing, loan administration, loan documentation, loan review, audit or compliance, construction administration, construction management.
- Proven track record of in-depth review of all types of commercial loan documentation, along with extensive knowledge/experience with commercial loan paper.
- Detail Oriented.
- Must be able to balance loan budgets and read borrowing notices.
- Ability to handle stress and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Focus on accomplishing work assigned within a frame time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels within the organization to include peers, executive management, attorneys, and third party vendors.
Required: None required
Preferred: AFS Level III, CLCS, Excel, Construction Management, Syndication/Agency Services, Loan IQ
At BBVA, we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of viewing the world and of taking on each challenge makes us a better bank. That is why we actively support diversity and inclusion, and we invite you to apply, regardless of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, experience, studies, etc.
We nurture a collaborative and inclusive work environment that enables us to show and develop the best we each have to offer.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35 (c)).
Individuals with Disabilities
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply for employment opportunities. If you are a U.S.-based job seeker with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com or by calling toll-free (in the U.S.) 1-844-664-9275. Please indicate the specific type of assistance needed*.
*The disability access telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related or technical issues, will not receive a response.
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch have a firm and unwavering policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, nationality, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, protected veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law. This policy includes all job groups, classifications and organizational units. With regard to employment, this policy extends to applicants and covers our recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, termination, benefits, compensation and training practices as well as social and recreational activities. View the "EEO is the Law" & "View the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster" poster. BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities, Inc., and BBVA NY are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.