At BBVA, we are leading the transformation of global banking with the aim of bringing the opportunities of this new era within everyone’s reach. We are a global financial institution present in 30 countries with over 75 million customers. We are a bank with over 126,000 employees across the world and every one of those employees is leading and designing his/her professional career with the help of tools provided by the organisation to make that happen.
Corporate responsibility is an intrinsic part of our business model, promoting inclusion and financial education while supporting research and culture. Being part of BBVA means developing your career in one of the most innovative companies in finance.
We started out with the spirit of helping others make the best financial decisions. That spirit remains with us today and encourages us to keep moving forward, prioritising innovation and digital transformation so that we can bring the opportunities of this new era within everyone’s reach.
Our values define our identity; they are what drives us to make our goals a reality and they guide all of our actions and the decisions we make.
- - The customer comes first.
- - We think big.
- - We are one team.
Perform as a Sales and Service Advisor whose primary responsibilities include promoting consumer banking products and services and delivering exceptional customer service while developing new business and expanding existing client relationships. Ultimately these results-oriented team members are committed to bringing the age of opportunity to everyone and they do so by applying proactive and consultative selling techniques to uncover customer and consumer needs by identifying opportunities and matching their needs with our banking solutions maximizing retention and production. In addition, they are also expected to perform limited operational tasks, conduct teller transactions and help manage the lobby.
- - Achieving personal sales goals by opening new consumer accounts such as checking and savings, credit cards and loans, CDs and Money Market Accounts; cross-selling and making referrals of bank products.
- Provide a consistently superior customer experience, handling customers’ transactional needs, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, and payments while maintaining the cash drawer in balance.
- Answer customer inquiries regarding products and services and fulfill and fulfill basic servicing requests.
- Work to create and establish relationships with customers, remaining well-informed about the customer’s relationship with the bank.
- Educate customers on standard consumer products, emerging bank technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, and ATM offerings to make their banking more convenient.
- Assists branch and fellow team members with achieving branch goals.
- Refer customers to partners when more complex financial goals and needs are recognized.
- Achieve required levels of outbound phone calls using bank-generated customer and prospect lead lists to educate customers on emerging technology and assist with meeting their financial goals.
- Ensure safe and sound banking practices, including adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with One (1) year retail banking and sales experience or related experience.
- Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None Preferred
At BBVA, we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of viewing the world and of taking on each challenge makes us a better bank. That is why we actively support diversity and inclusion, and we invite you to apply, regardless of your race, gender, age, sexual orientation, country of origin, experience, studies, etc.
We nurture a collaborative and inclusive work environment that enables us to show and develop the best we each have to offer.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35 (c)).
Individuals with Disabilities
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply for employment opportunities. If you are a U.S.-based job seeker with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling toll-free (in the U.S.) 1-844-664-9275. Please indicate the specific type of assistance needed*.
*The disability access telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related or technical issues, will not receive a response.
BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities Inc., and BBVA S.A. New York Branch have a firm and unwavering policy to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, nationality, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, protected veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law. This policy includes all job groups, classifications and organizational units. With regard to employment, this policy extends to applicants and covers our recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, termination, benefits, compensation and training practices as well as social and recreational activities. View the "EEO is the Law" & "View the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster" poster. BBVA Compass, BBVA Securities, Inc., and BBVA NY are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.