- Location: Singapore
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 16th December 2019
This jobs belongs to another country and because of that, the specifications of its selection process will be different. If you apply, you will be registered on BBVA in Asia Pacific.
You could get know of this country process selection in BBVA in Asia Pacific
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
Job Purpose & Objectives
This role is reporting tothe Head of Corporate and Investment Banking Asia. As a senior member ofthe GCC team, the candidate will develop and execute a business developmentplan for clients and prospects. Effectively managing country and counter partylimits to achieve targets, ensure appropriate credit limits/documentation, andreview / recommend credit approval requests to Credit Risk Management.
In addition, to ensure properoperations at BBVA’s Singapore branch: governance, regulatory, and compliance.
- To grow the Bank’s business for Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, India). Focus on XBorder and XSell with our core geographical footprint.
- To develop and establish a business strategy for Southeast Asia.
- To grow and maintain a portfolio of clients through proactive strategic dialogue. Consistent business development, identification of potential clients and new revenue opportunities; as well as client retention and prospecting.
- Strong interaction with products teams.
- To manage an international sales force of relationship bankers and branch staff.
- Governance of Singapore Branch. Oversight compliance responsibilities to MAS and other regulatory bodies, as well as Internal requirements.
- 15 – 20 years’ experience in Corporate & Investment Banking. Relevant Relationship Management / Coverage experience with Big MNC Corporates. Experience in Asian region is an important advantage.
- Solid understanding of the banking needs of big corporations and investors.
- Track record in building client relationships with key decision makers (Treasurer, Head of Investments, CFO and CEO level)
- In-depth understanding of counter party risk, credit risk and compliance risk.
- Broad products knowledge in GTB, STF, GM and GF.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.