- Location: United Kingdom
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 1st November 2019
This jobs belongs to another country and because of that, the specifications of its selection process will be different. If you apply, you will be registered on BBVA in Europe.
You could get know of this country process selection in BBVA in Europe
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
Global Markets Lawyer - BBVA
BBVA is hiring a lawyer in the London office to join its dynamic and busy Global Markets legal team, reporting to a senior legal counsel, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development and opportunities for growth in a leading international bank.
- Providing English law advice to the Corporate and Investment Banking division of the Bank, both locally and to the head office and international branches.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts relating to, but not limited to, derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including ISDA confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, BRRD, BMR, Prospectus Regulation and related UK legislation and statutory instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and regulation.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on debt capital markets transactions.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA).
- Reviewing lending documentation such as LMA credit facilities and security documents.
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Bank.
The candidate must be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales.
- Would suit candidates with up to 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) working in a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also helpful.
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing tasks for various business areas.
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams.
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
- Spanish language skills helpful but not essential
Additional Essential Attributes:
- A punctual, professional and reliable team player.
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to clients
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.