- Location: United Kingdom
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 22nd May 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
- We are looking for candidates up to 2-3 years of work experience to fill a junior position as financial credit analyst within BBVA’s Credit Research Team (Global Markets).
- Generate and promote investment recommendations through research reports and other communication tools on financial entities bonds, including senior unsecured and subordinated debt, based on global and local market dynamics and regulatory trends.
- Provide added value advisory services to both internal and external clients, helping to enhance client relationship and the generation of new business opportunities
Major job duties
- Analyse financial metrics and results on European financial entities with a special focus on Spain, Italy, Portugal and France. Monitor news, regulatory developments and quarterly results, among others, that could impact financial entities bond valuations.
- Strong quantitative skills to track the evolution and trend of the financial entities key solvency and credit metrics. This position also requires a strong command of banking regulation (BRRD, CRD, CRR…).
- Prepare and publish regular and ad-hoc written reports and presentations to disseminate the investment recommendations.
- Coordinate the layout, editing, supervision and distribution of those reports.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings with clients to present investment recommendations and reports.
- Visit clients proactively together with the Global Market Sales teams for the dissemination and commercialization of Global Markets Research recommendations and capabilities
- Interact closely with the credit financial traders, to closely follow the main market dynamics affecting financials’ bond performance.
- Monitor the performance of investment strategies and recommendations.
- Attend specialized forums and meetings for marketing purposes
- Participate in the strategicand pipeline committees of the Global Markets Research and Global Market units
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is requested as the position will involve a continuous dialogue and interaction with the IR and funding departments of the financial entities under coverage.
- Strong quantitative background: engineering, mathematics, physics and economics degrees are preferred.
- The position is based in London and requires frequent travelling to visit our investor/client base.
- Previous knowledge of European banking regulation will be positively valued, although it is not a mandatory requirement.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.