- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 27th September 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
Are you a recent graduate looking for new opportunities in Finance? Do you want to start your career at a leading global Bank?
THE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING GRADUATE PROGRAMME has been designed to offer high potential recent graduates the opportunity of joining BBVA Corporate & Investment Banking as junior Analysts.
We are looking for talented graduates or students about to graduate in Business Administration (+ Law) or Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with high motivation and interest in Investment Banking and eager to learn within an international environment. In addition, we would also value candidates with a related master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration.
If you want to live a unique experience now you have finished your Degree (or if you are about to finish it) and you have a good grasp of English, this is your chance to shine!
Successful candidates will join a 12 month rotational scheme among different Departments in order to improve their understanding and knowledge of how the Unit operates. Based on the selected profiles for the Programme and subject to available opportunities, an international rotation will be possible. Candidates will receive exceptional training in BBVA with the objective that once they successfully complete the Programme it will be reviewed whether they join the Bank permanently.
THE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING UNIT handles BBVA’s investment banking, global lending and transactional businesses for international corporate clients and institutional investors. You will have the opportunity of joining one of our Departments, and start your career in transactional Banking, financial planning, capital markets, strategy, lending, M&A, among many others.
Some of the functions include:
- Support Industry Bankers and Product Specialists in the origination of commercial opportunities by collaborating in the elaboration of the documentation needed for the mandate origination.
- Assist in the transactions closing and execution, by interacting with different middle and back office departments.
- Drive different analysis and studies to understand market drivers and the client’s financial and business requirements, in order to offer a comprehensive financial and technical advisory service to clients.
- Work together with Product Specialists in structuring and pricing the operations. Conduct the analysis of the operations, including detailed modelling and review of the documentation in-depth.
In case you are interested in starting your career in the CORPORATE FINANCE DEPARTMENT (focused on bringing to its clients strategic solutions on mergers, disposals, acquisitions and primary equity capital markets transactions), your main tasks will include:
- Transaction origination including market screening, analysis of investment opportunities, management of databases, and assistance in preparing client presentations.
- Company valuation, including assistance in conducting valuation analysis of specific companies including most common valuation methodologies (DCF, Transaction multiples, Trading multiples).
- Transaction execution, including assistance in the elaboration of transaction documents (teasers, information memorandum) and data room management, being fully part of the execution team
We would like to know you better so, in addition to your CV, please do not forget to attach a copy of your academic record/transcript. It is compulsory in order to move forward on the process. Please remember that in case you are already registered in our career site, your CV must be up to date.
The recruitment process will include psychometric and English tests as well as personal interviews. Along the recruitment process you will have the opportunity of sharing your interests and show the competencies you have acquired during your studies and/or career.
(If you are a woman we especially invite you to send us your cv. At BBVA, 54 percent of our more than 130,000 employees are women)
We will consider all applications received until October 14th, 2019 (included).
If you are one of the preselected candidates on the CV screening stage we will contact you to invite you to the next stage of the process.
Join our team and let’s reinvent banking!
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.