- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 7th November 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
BBVA is looking to hire an experienced M&A Associate, to join a very successful M&A team and help with execution of mandates across the buy and sell-side. There is a very healthy balance of Iberia and cross-border deals, allowing the team great exposure across an evolving landscape.BBVA is a reference M&A adviser in Spain providing financial advisory services among all sectors (excluding FIG) and with a remarkable track-record specially in the power & utilities, oil & gas, construction & infrastructure, consumer & retail, TMT and real estate sectors. Our activities cover all client segments needs from large international companies to middle market with a wide expertise in cross-border transactions and in attracting foreign investment flows into Spain.Role Description
- Being involved in all aspects of originating and executing client transactions.
- Transaction origination including market screening, analysis of investment opportunities, and preparing client presentations.
- Day to day management of transactions.
- Responsibility for management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for preparation of information and client communications among others.
- Valuation work including financial modelling.
- Providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities.
- At least 4-5 years of full-time professional experience in M&A, Transaction Services or equivalent
- Understanding of the overall M&A process and materials
- Extensive financial modelling and valuation experience
- Ability to undertake detailed financial and commercial analysis for inclusion in client reports
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and team player
- High fluency in English (both oral and written)
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.