- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 29th July 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
BBVA Corporate& Investment Banking (BBVA CIB) is looking to hire a senior financial modelerto join the Debt Advisory team and help with execution of debt advisory mandateswith respect to structured and non-recourse financing solutions (ProjectFinance) for energy and infrastructure assets, using either banks or capitalmarkets.
The team works with a global mandate involving Iberia and cross-borderdeals mostly in Latin America.
- Create and / or work with complex financial models which support the analysis of energy or infrastructure assets or companies in those sectors.
- For the origination process, this will frequently require creating detailed pro-forma models with limited information.
- Coordination with external parties, e.g. auditors, legal and tax advisors
- Assist junior team members in financial modelling Excel-based learning curve
- At least 4/5 of qualifying experience in financial modelling applied to structured and project finance solutions
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Strong understanding of structured and project finance as well as accounting topics and tax structures applicable to energy and infrastructure assets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and team player
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Other languages advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Finance or Engineering.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purposeand values of BBVA
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.