- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 21st October 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
- As a member of the data science lab for banking, you will work with different product and business units within the banking area(Global transaction banking, global finance and global client coverage) helping them develop data-based products, and generating data driven decisions.
- You will also use your communication skills to share the results of your analyses
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and understand needs and requirements
- Construct and manipulate datasetsusing Python, Scala and Spark
- Design and implement analytic solutions baed on statistical analysis and machine learning
- Create reports with your findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present your conclusions to analytic and non-analytic audiences
- Collaborate with IT teams to convert analytical proof of concepts into productive modules
Required Skillsand Experience
To be considered for thisposition, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience in constructing analytic solutions to business problems, including: statistical analysis, text mining, machine learning techniques or/and artificial intelligence.
- Experience working with large datasets to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging internal and external data sources.
- Communication skills to effectively present results to both analytic and non-analytic audiences.
- Programming experience with data science languages: Python,Scala.
- Programming experience in Big Data environments: Spark.
- Knowledge of visualization tools and libraries (Tableau, Shiny, D3.js, etc.)
- Proactivity and ability to work with minimum supervision towards the defined goals
- Working knowledge of the financial industry products/services and operations
- 1+ years of professional experience (data scientist, business intelligence)
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.