- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 29th March 2019
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
BBVA is looking to hire an experienced M&A VP, to join a very successful M&A team and help with execution of mandates across the buy and sell-side. There is a very healthy balance of Iberia and cross-border deals, allowing the team great exposure across an evolving landscape.
The candidate will also demonstrate enthusiasm for an entrepreneurial environment with a flat structure. You must have a hands-on approach to assignments and command excellent valuation and project management skills.
- Being involved in all aspects of originating and executing client transactions.
- Advising companies and financial sponsors active in cross-border M&A.
- Day to day management of transactions and execution teams.
- Responsibility over the quality of the preparation of all the process documentation, including valuation work.
- Managing information and client communications.
- Providing guidance to and supervising the execution teams.Assisting on origination of new mandates.
- Support M&A Regional Manager in managing team workloads and in the coordination of the HR processes.
- Additionally duties include the elaboration of documentation, activity reporting and dissemination of best practices and procedures within the M&A unit.
- 6-9 years of experience in M&A
- Product experience in M&A preferably with large multinational corporates corporates and/or Financial Sponsors, having managed successfully cross border transactions involving multiple teams.
- Deep understanding of the M&A process.
- Very strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and team player
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.