- Location: Spain
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 30th June 2020
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
About the area
The candidate will join the Advanced Analytics COE (Center of Expertise) of Credit Risk in Global Risk Management area. This team is responsible for the development of methodologies and models in the field of risk modelling. The analysis and use of new data sources and the implementation of new modelling techniques is a core activity in this team.
About the role
We are looking for a candidate willing to develop a successful career in Risk Modelling.
The main purpose of the role is to design, deliver and continually update industry-leading credit risk models (such as scorecards, IFRS9, IRB models and forecasting models), through the following tasks:
- Bring innovation to the Risk Analytics Group for the development, refinement and implementation of credit risk models.
- Maintain relationships with a broad range of internal divisions within the bank and ensure successful implementation of new models and analytical initiatives.
- Identifying promising data sources and converting data into credit insights.
- Communication of detailed technical information in a simple and clear manner.
The requirements we are seeking are:
- Master’s degree, PhD degree or equivalent background in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in modelling (credit risk modelling is a plus).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to explain complex topics and analyses.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to manage different tasks with competing deadlines.
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python, Spark, R).
- Experience with Big Data and Machine Learning technologies.
- Scrum and/or agile knowledge is also a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.