This jobs belongs to another country and because of that, the specifications of its selection process will be different. If you apply, you will be registered on BBVA in USA.
You could get know of this country process selection in BBVA in USA
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
Open Platform’s powerful and easy to use Banking as a Service APIs empower the world’s startups and technology companies to create the most innovative solutions for their customers. Using Open Platform APIs, companies can create innovative banking and payment services for their customers, reduce costs, and tame the complexity of the financial services ecosystem while avoiding the compliance headaches that make it difficult for companies to scale.
If you want to reinvent banking through APIs and revolutionize the way the world thinks about banks, we want to meet you! We are looking for risk takers, overachievers, and revolutionaries to join our Open Platform team. The kind of people who are excited by the idea of owning a product; the kind of people who like to build new platforms, features and services.
What will you be doing?
As part of growing the Open Platform client portfolio, understanding our clients is critical.
The role of Client Risk Assessment Officer I will be to supervise and support risk management activities including: coordination and performance of client due diligence activities and documentation maintenance, ongoing monitoring of clients and client customers, building risk assessment and control frameworks, liaising with other BBVA Compass credit risk partners for clients that utilize ACH products and partnership with Open Platform teams to prepare for bank committee approvals.
Additionally, the role of the Client Risk Assessment Officer I will be responsible to ensure appropriate oversight and governance routines are conducted in accordance with BBVA US methodologies and requirements. This role would also be on point to coordinate internal & external exam requests for Open Platform and liaison with other oversight/escalation channels to ensure Open Platform activities are being accurately reflected.
- Supervise the R&C team and work directly with Open Platform prospects, clients and integration partners to coordinate due diligence requests and ensures timely and adequate maintenance of the due diligence tracking tool (Pipefy).
- Partner with other control partners (such as Compliance & Legal) and work directly with clients to perform ongoing monitoring against contractual requirements and limits and other control standards. Responsible to maintain the ongoing monitoring up to date.
- Identify or develop risk and controls for OPBC Client Approvals
- Coordinate with product owners on development of business requirements - specifically control and reporting requirements
- Develop, implement and execute Key Risk Indicators
- Facilitate the development of preventive and mitigating measures to address operations, financial, regulatory and reputational risks;
- Responsible to maintain procedures documents and manage updates/approvals of these documents
- Coordinate and maintain the OPBC approval pipeline for Open Platform specific approval requests
- Assemble all required documentation and prepare regular committee packages for Open Platform
What you will bring:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration or related field Minimum 7 years of industry experience; with professional experience in risk, compliance, or control type roles
- Licenses are welcome for any compliance, regulatory, internal audit or operational risk charter.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to deal with conflicting deadlines.
- Self-motivation skills; ability to work independently.
- Experience in supporting risk management, compliance, or control activities
- Knowledge of the following products/services: ACH, Debit Cards, Internal Transfers, Wires, and business and personal checking accounts
- Understanding of risk management concepts and experience with applying ERM practices and risk-based control management
- Applied understanding of operational risk - especially in the areas of process risk or processes that function as key controls
- Basic understanding of process design and efficiency solutions (and governance)
- Experience with conducting internal audits or external exam coordination (or engagement) a plus
- Previous external client/customer interaction a plus
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.