At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA or CIA a plus, large public accounting firm experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, Sections 302 and 404.
- Knowledge of COSO 2013
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work independently.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Extensive experience in internal controls, process improvement, internal audit, and/or financial accounting and reporting.
- Experience reviewing, assessing, designing, documenting, monitoring, testing, and updating internal controls and procedures.
- Experience preferred evaluating and establishing plans to address SOX risks and control issues in working with cross functional teams across the organization.
- Experience preferred acting as primary contact for internal controls with external auditors on annual audits.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment while also multi-tasking assigned work.
- Experience using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and e-mail software.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours on a periodic basis as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations as required although minimal travel is anticipated.
The SOX Internal Controls Manager will be responsible for BBVA Compass Bancshares, Inc.’s SOX risks and controls. The responsibilities will include managing the:
- Knowledge and understanding of all SOX risks and controls (BBVA Compass and non-BBVA Compass entities) by the various responsible groups within the bank and externally.
- Monitoring of new risks input to the risk and control system on a periodic basis for identification of potential new SOX risks.
- Relationships between Control Specialists (local and global) and Control Managers as it relates to SOX.
- Scheduling and monitoring all SOX testing and results.
- Review of Internal Audit reports for potential SOX issues and reporting of issues to the external auditors.
- Quarterly SOX control failures aggregation for reporting to Line of Business management, the CFO, CEO, and external auditors.
- Quarterly SOX certification process.
- SOX-related requests from BBVA Group.
- Track SOX Critical Applications population and changes therein.
- Drafting and distributing annual SOX Memo – procedural guidelines for all SOX compliance efforts.
Other duties include:
- Acting as a liaison between business units and Internal Audit for quarterly and annual Internal Audit SOX testing.
- Meeting all external auditor SOX control-related requests.
- Review quarterly SEC filings and provide comments to SEC Reporting.