REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (example, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Analytics etc.).
- Experience in credit risk modeling/analytics, credit risk portfolio management or credit risk strategy development (preferred but not required).
- Hands-on experience in developing segmentation models using statistical methods.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience working as part of a cross functional team.
- Experience presenting analytic findings and recommendations to senior management and executive directors.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working experience with some programming language SAS, R, Python.
The Retail Risk Strategy group is part of the Retail Risk Management organization. It is responsible for the quantitative development and implementation of credit risk strategies across the customer lifecycle for all Retail Credit portfolios.
This individual will focus on developing and optimizing analytically driven credit risk strategies for secured/unsecured, credit card, and overdraft portfolios. This includes developing credit risk strategies for underwriting and line assignment decisions through in-depth data analytics. Other analytical responsibilities include authorizations, line increase and decreases, payment floats, and account closures. The individual will be responsible for setting up on-going reports to track the performance of the portfolio across customer lifecycle. The individual will also integrate customer level risk scores into reactive decision points and into account management strategies. The individual will also be required to undertake complex analytics to support key strategic initiatives for growth, innovation or risk mitigation.
- Develop and optimize credit risk strategies using analytical techniques and statistical analysis to meet pre-defined goals.
- Build credit risk strategies for underwriting, line assignment, and account management through segmentation techniques using generic and custom risk scorecards and attributes.
- Ensure strategies are within Risk Appetite and satisfy profitability hurdles.
- Integrate new data sources and solutions into credit risk strategies.
- Tracking and reporting on strategy implementations and validating post implementation.
- Proactively search for and propose enhancements to processes and development.
- Participate in major and minor projects where risk systems support is required.
- Developing programs to track expected versus actual behavioral and performance measures for appropriate portfolios, populations, and segmentation end-nodes.
- Develop new quantitatively driven champion-challenger strategies and pilot programs across the customer lifecycle.
- Develop and present analysis results and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Undertake ad-hoc data analytics as required.