At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience in supporting Oracle environments
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using AWR reports, OEM Grid, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Oracle related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other forms of resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, RAC Clustering, Database Replication, and High Availability strategies for Oracle environments.
- Must be a team player
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK AN ON-CALL ROTATION WITH 24/7 SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITY
This is an Oracle DBA role responsible for providing operational support services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, responding to database related alerts and escalations, and working with project teams to implement strategic solutions.
This Oracle DBA role requires a service oriented mentality with a high sense of ownership of the projects, problems, and requests assigned. This role will be actively participating in a high energy mission-critical support environment. This is a production support environment and not a role for a developer DBA.