“To bring the age of opportunities to everyone”. That is our vision, the purpose that leads all the decisions we take and the way we work at BBVA. And to bring this purpose to life, we are focused on six strategic priorities:
– New standard in customer experience
– Drive digital sales
– New business models
– Optimize capital allocation
– Unrivaled efficiency
– A first class workforce
At BBVA we believe in a different model of banking based on the principles of integrity, prudence and transparency.
To bring this to fruition, we have adopted three commitments:
-Strive to conduct our daily work so it has a positive impact on the communities where we operate.
-Sponsor “social business opportunities” to create social and economic value for BBVA.
-Invest in the communities where we have presence by supporting initiatives, especially those involving education.
BBVA Compass is dedicated to improving the lives and financial well-being of the people in our communities. One way we fulfill our commitment is through financial education:
– EverFi: Web-based lessons to introduce students to topics such as savings, budgeting, responsible decision-making, credit and debt, charitable contributions and more through the company’s EverFi@Work, Vault – Understanding Money and EverFi – Financial Literacy curricula.
– Get Smart About Credit: a program sponsored by the American Bankers Association that teaches young people about the importance of using credit wisely.
– Junior Achievement: a program to prepare young people by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs that make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace.
– Money Smart: an FDIC program designed to help individuals — even those with no prior banking experience — build financial knowledge, develop financial confidence, use banking services effectively and create positive banking relationship.
– Reading Counts: a program to donate books across BBVA Compass’ footprint; made possible in part by the bank’s partnership with Scholastic Inc.
– Teach Children to Save: a partnership with the American Bankers Association to help young children develop a savings habit early in life.
Entrepreneurship and community involvement
– Money Smart for Small Business: A training curriculum developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Small Business Administration to provide introductory training for new and aspiring entrepreneurs on the basics of organizing and managing a business.
– The BBVA Compass Foundation: It supports our communities by making charitable contributions directed at improvements to public education, community economic development and financial literacy — areas that are central to creating social and economic prosperity for everyone.
Products with a high social impact
BBVA Compass has a commitment to improving lives in the communities it serves. One way we do this is through our First-Time Homebuyer program.
– First-Time Homebuyer Program: It helps prepare first-time homebuyers with all the tools they need to make one of the biggest financial decisions in life. Applicants are required to complete a free home-financing online course to qualify for the loan.
Environment and Sustainability
The BBVA commitment to the environment and efficient management of natural resources comes together in a Global Eco-efficiency Plan which establishes very ambitious goals to reduce the environmental footprint of our activity.
We partner with procurement and other support areas within our organization to instill environmental best practices in all of our operations. Volunteer employee environmental champions promote initiatives to reduce, reuse and recycle in the workplace.