- Location: United Kingdom
- Job type: Employment
- Published on: 9th November 2018
This jobs belongs to another country and because of that, the specifications of its selection process will be different. If you apply, you will be registered on BBVA Europe.
You could get know of this country process selection in BBVA Europe
We are BBVA, a global bank with more than 73 million customers and a footprint that extends across more than 30 countries. We work to help people make the best financial decisions and bring the age of opportunity to everyone. We are guided by our values: the customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
At BBVA we are leading the transformation of banking worldwide, united in pursuing our goal of bringing the age of opportunity to everyone. Firmly focused on the future, our on-going digital transformation is already producing disruptive innovations that power our vision of banking.
We are a bank with more than 130,000 employees worldwide (54 women) and 72 million customers.
Our values define our identity and are the lever that helps us to realize our purpose: The customer comes first, we think big and we are one team.
About the role
BBVA is hiring a Junior Global Markets lawyer for a challenging role in a busy legal team in the London office, reporting to two senior lawyers, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development.
- Providing English law advice to the Corporate and Investment Banking division of the Bank, both locally and to the Head office and international branches.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA).
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, BRRD BMR, Prospectus Regulations and related UK legislation and statutory instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and regulation.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on debt capital markets transactions.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts relating to, but not limited to, derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including ISDA confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality agreements).
- Assisting the finance legal team, when necessary, by reviewing lending documentation such as LMA credit facilities and security documents.
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Bank.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales;
- Would suit candidates with up to 3-5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) working in a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also helpful.
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in order to meet deadlines, if required.
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing tasks for various business areas.
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not essential.
- German or French preferred but not essential.
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
Additional essential attributes
- A punctual and reliable team player;
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to clients;
- Aptitude for working efficiently on multiple tasks under pressure;
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.
At BBVA, we are proud to be a company that prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, regardless of the race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion or sexual orientation of our employees and collaborators. Corporate responsibility is an essential component of our business model, as we promote financial education and support research and culture.
Being part of BBVA means developing your career in the company that is leading the transformation of the financial sector.