“To bring the age of opportunities to everyone”. That is our vision, the purpose that leads all the decisions we take and the way we work at BBVA. And to bring this purpose to life, we are focused on six strategic priorities:
– New standard in customer experience
– Drive digital sales
– New business models
– Optimize capital allocation
– Unrivaled efficiency
– A first class workforce
At BBVA we believe in a different model of banking based on the principles of integrity, prudence and transparency.
To bring this to fruition, we have adopted three commitments:
-Strive to conduct our daily work so it has a positive impact on the communities where we operate.
-Sponsor “social business opportunities” to create social and economic value for BBVA.
-Invest in the communities where we have presence by supporting initiatives, especially those involving education.
Education is the strategic priority of the Group’s social programs, and in Mexico the focus is on promoting education for children and youths as well as financial education:
– BBVA Bancomer Foundation’s main focus is on supporting education, chiefly for children and youths, by means of its different projects such as the Children’s Knowledge Olympics and a program of integration scholarships called “Por los que se quedan”. This is a unique and pioneering project that promotes the development of young people living in migrant sending communities.
– Financial education: “Adelante con tu Futuro” is a community service initiative with the aim of empowering citizens with the basic financial skills they need to get the most out of financial services. The workshops of the “Adelante con tu Futuro” program were developed with the technical knowledge of the bank’s specialists and with the educational support of the MIDE so as to have a language that is accessible to everyone in the form of interactive and attractive workshops. It has workshops aimed at children and youths, adults and SMEs.
Entrepreneurship and community involvement
– Momentum Project: With this program we support community involvement. In alliance with New Ventures Mexico and EGADE Technological Business School in Monterrey, and a special collaboration from PwC, we support companies who have a mission to generate social or environmental change in the country.
Through the Momentum Project, we promote the enterprise ecosystem with training, strategic guidance, visibility, dissemination and the opportunity to access funding with preferential conditions.
Products with a high social impact
– B+Educa Fund: This is the first investment fund with a cause in Mexico, and the only one of its kind in our country, where investors donate 25% of the profit obtained during the month to scholarships for youths via the “Por los que se quedan” Integration Scholarships.
In 2013, it won the BeyondBanking Award in the category of Responsible/Impact Investment. The Fund obtained a record $10,862 million pesos (around 800 million dollars) in net assets and has managed to collect donations of around $74,647 pesos, supporting secondary education for 7,464 youths.
Environment and sustainability
The BBVA Bancomer Financial Group has spent the last six years producing specific initiatives that favor improved care of the environment. Over this time, it has managed to encourage a culture that cares for natural resources, which has had a positive impact on our community. In Mexico, as with the other parts of the world in which BBVA operates, the Global Eco-efficiency Plan has been implemented, which has resulted in a 1.2 megawatt reduction in energy consumption per employee, as well as reducing gas consumption by 8% in the corporate headquarters. What’s more, the new BBVA Bancomer Financial Group corporate headquarters are being built under the highest environmental standards and environmental certifications.
The Financial Group also supports the care for the environment through reforestation initiatives such as Bosque BBVA Bancomer, which consists in rescuing 50 hectares of the Ajusco National Park.